Compass After School Program
Compass Afterschool Program for Bath Middle School Students
Through a 21st Century Community Learning Center grant from the Maine Department of Education, our Compass Afterschool Program provides a variety of “out-of-school” learning experiences to Bath Middle School students four days a week.
Using a highly collaborative and mindfully coordinated approach to support the whole child with academic success, and complete physical and social-emotional wellness, Midcoast Youth Center, in collaboration with RSU1 and community partners, delivers critically-needed afterschool and summer programming for eligible youth to:
- create a culture of mattering, ensuring each student feels significant and finds success through youth leadership and mentoring from caring adults;
- improve physical/mental health through accessible recreational activities, yoga and mindfulness;
- improve academic performance through support/enrichment from highly qualified educators;
- explore interests with diverse Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math enrichment (STEM) and access to visual and performing arts;
- strengthen student families through prevention programming and adult educational opportunities.
Program cost is free. To qualify, students must be entering 6th, 7th or 8th grade at Bath Middle School.
FMI please contact 21st CCLC Program Director, Rose McDonnell.