Compass After School Program
Compass Afterschool Program for Bath Middle School Students
Through a 21st Century Community Learning Center grant from the Maine Department of Education, our Compass Afterschool Program provides a variety of “out-of-school” learning experiences to Bath Middle School students four days a week.
Using a highly collaborative and mindfully coordinated approach to support the whole child with academic success, and complete physical and social-emotional wellness, Midcoast Youth Center, in collaboration with RSU1 and community partners, delivers critically-needed afterschool and summer programming for eligible youth to:
- create a culture of mattering, ensuring each student feels significant and finds success through youth leadership and mentoring from caring adults;
- improve physical/mental health through accessible recreational activities, yoga and mindfulness;
- improve academic performance through support/enrichment from highly qualified educators;
- explore interests with diverse Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math enrichment (STEM) and access to visual and performing arts;
- strengthen student families through prevention programming and adult educational opportunities.
Program cost is free. To qualify, students must be entering 6th, 7th or 8th grade at Bath Middle School. *For summer 2021, Woolwich Central School, too!
FMI please contact Carson Harvey at (207) 443-8750 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2021 Summer Compass Program
LEARNING IS AN ADVENTURE, CHART YOUR COURSE
Youth entering grades 6-8 at BMS & Woolwich are welcome to attend Compass Summer Camp.
Dates: July 12th - August 19th
Hours: Monday - Thursday, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Location: Midcoast Youth Center, Formerly "Bath Meetinghouse and Skatepark"