Compass Afterschool Program
Our Compass Afterschool Program provides a variety of “out-of-school” learning experiences to local middle & high schoolers
Using a highly collaborative and mindfully coordinated approach to support the whole child with academic success, and complete physical and social-emotional wellness, Midcoast Youth Center, in collaboration with RSU1 and community partners, delivers critically-needed afterschool and summer programming for eligible youth to:
- create a culture of mattering, ensuring each student feels significant and finds success through youth leadership and mentoring from caring adults;
- improve physical & mental wellbeing through accessible recreational activities, yoga and mindfulness;
- improve academic performance through support/enrichment from highly qualified educators;
- explore interests with diverse Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math enrichment (STEM) and access to visual and performing arts;
- strengthen student families through prevention programming and adult educational opportunities.
Program cost is free. The school-year program follows the RSU 1 school calendar. Our summer program runs 4-days a week for 6 weeks in July & August. 2022 info coming soon!
FMI please contact Alesha at (207) 443-8750